Thursday, December 07, 2006

Radiators and Firefly

Lately I have been tired. Like really tired. I know the culprit behind my lack of sleep. It's my heating system. I've never lived in a place with radiators before and they take some getting used to. For the past week or so I have been woken up by the strange noises coming from my radiators. The strangest part though is they they make noises at night that they don't seem to make when I am awake. The last few nights I have been woken up about 5 different times a night. It's really starting to annoy me. Is it so much to ask that I get a full night's rest?

So, last week I tried in vain to begin Firefly. I know I said I was going to watch BSG first but there is too long of a wait for season one on Netflix. Sigh. Anyway, I fell asleep watching Firefly, probably because I am so frakkin' tired, but I am giving Firefly another shot tonight. It's strange seeing Gina Torres as not evil. I mean, she's frakkin' Ana Espinosa. But I do love Wash aka Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball. Hee.

In other television news, FX is at the point in the Buffy reruns where tomorrow is Graduation Day Part II. Upon reflection, it's one of my favorite episodes. Not only is it super poignant and, at the same time, odd but it's got the very hot quasi-sex/bloodletting between Buffy and Angel. I think that scene was hotter than the actual sex scene they had back in season two. Anyway, tomorrow will be a good day for those of us who don't own the Buffy dvds (i.e. me).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all in the slow mo. That's what makes it so frakking awesome. Meanwhile, do give Firefly another try--you may even need to watch a couple epis, but I swear it's fantastic once you get used to the strange way they talk. Oh, and my favorite character is Jayne.

Roll The Dice said...

I agree with Beth...it's all in the slo mo. Rawr. ;-) And yes, Firefly is definitely worth watching! It took me a couple of episodes to get the style of talking and know what was going on, but then I was HOOKED. And it took getting used to Ana, too. ;-) My fave character is Captain Mal. *sighs*