Friday, February 17, 2006

I have perfect lips!

So, last week I went to my local salon to get my eyebrows waxed. (Damn you, hairy Middle Eastern father and your hairy genes!) The ladies at the salon know me well. I have been there many, many times. I sometimes feel like Norm on Cheers when I walk in. They all smile and yell "Jalehlabad!" It's really smart on their part since it does make me stay loyal to them. Anyway, after the self-induced toture of getting hair ripped off my face; Patsy, the receptionist, asked if I wanted to enter the contest they had going on. I am all for contests so I agreed.

Here's what happened: they did up me lips with some very nice Aveda lipstick. Then I had to kiss a piece of paper. All week long they would collect these kissed pieces of paper and then display them so people could vote on who has perfect lips here in Cuteville. Apparently, I have the most perfect lips in my hamlet. Isn't that fabu? Now, at lunch I get to go and pick up my free makeup winnings. And really, who doesn't like free Aveda makeup.

As I read this post, I realize it makes me sound kind of vapid and dumb but really, who cares? FREE MAKEUP!

1 comment:

Beth said...

dude. it has been almost a month since you last posted! if you go 2 mos w/o a post I may be forced to remove you from my sidebar--and god forbid that should happen!!!

we all want to know what's new in the life of jalehla...!