Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 59

275. Songs in A Minor ~ Alicia Keys (last listen: 3-5 years): Didn't most girls buy this cd? Fallen is still a terrific song.

276. Devil Without A Cause ~ Kid Rock (last listen: 5+ years): All this cd reminds me of is going to the tanning beds in preparation for my sister's wedding. My sister got married the year this cd was pretty big and we had to wear these backless dresses. I didn't want to be the pale girl next to all of her super tan friends. So, I hit the tanning beds hard that summer. I would go cook myself every morning and listen to this cd. And boy did I ever get tan. I think that is the tannest I've been in my life. I look at those pictures and I am amazed. You know, the first couple of songs aren't so bad but then once you hit around song four you realize that all these songs sound the same. And they aren't all that great. Although, I still like Badwitdaba.

277. King of the Blues Guitar ~ Albert King (last listen: 3-5 years)

278. The Ultimate Collection ~ Albert King (last listen: 5+ years)

279. Born Under A Bad Sign & Other Hits ~ Albert King (last listen: 3-5 years): Albert King is the man. This guy can play the blues; he discovered Stevie Ray Vaughn. He's a musical genius and most people have no idea who he is. I love listening to him play the guitar and sing his amazingly great blues songs.

280. In Session ~ Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughn (last listen: 3-5 years): This disc is fabulous. Basically, it's Albert and Stevie on stage playing their songs and talking about how they met. I highly recommend this disc.

No comments: