Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 60

I bet you all thought that I had forgotten about listening to all of my cds. I haven't it's just taking me a lot longer than it took good ol' GMYH. And now, on with the list...

281. Misfits ~ The Kinks (last listen: 1-3 years ago): I bought this cd because it was on one of those lists of cds that everyone should own. And honestly, I have tried to like this disc. But it's just not my thing. I apologize to Kinks fans everywhere. I can see why people like their music but I won't be getting tickets for their reuniting tour.

282. Kiss My Ass: Classic KISS Regrooved ~ Various Artists (last listen: 5+ years): I am not ashamed to say that I bought this cd basically because of the Garth Brooks cover of "Hard Luck Woman". My Garth love was fairly well documented earlier in the year. What I can say is that whoever thought that Toad the Wet Sprocket should cover Rock -N- Roll All Night is a freaking moron. How a band can take one of the most essential rock songs in the history of music and make it sound whiny and pathetic is just a travesty. Shame on you Toad the Wet Sprocket. Shame. On. You.

283. When I Look In Your Eyes ~ Diana Krall (last listen: 1-3 years): I got into Diana Krall my first year at IU because Squater was in desperate need to find her cover of Besame Mucho and then listen to it 4,000 times. In my living. Since we lived together. But I have to say that he was right. She has a killer voice. I really dig her cover of "I've Got You Under My Skin."

284. Christmas Songs ~ Diana Krall (last listen: 1 year): I got this two years ago for Christmas. Yes, I like listening to Christmas music. So, shoot me. But again, Diana does her covers with such class that you sort of forget these are Christmas songs and just hear her smooth voice.

285. Every Time You Say Goodbye ~ Alison Krauss and Union Station (last listen: 0-3 months)

286. New Favorite ~ Alison Krauss and Union Station (last listen: 0-3 months): What can I say about Alison Krauss? I love her. I love everything she does. Her voice is amazing. Her fiddle skills are superb. I saw her in concert almost three years ago and it ranks up there in the top five of all concerts I have been to. And I've been to a lot of concerts. Anyway, she can kind of do no wrong in my eyes. My pal Robyn once mentioned that she thinks Alison does too many Jesus songs but I think her tradition of one per record is fine. Her records are a reflection of who she is and even if her songs are about things I don't personally believe in I can still appreciate their beauty.

No comments: