Friday, November 30, 2007

Big bundle of nerves

So, this weekend I am going to spend most of my time preparing for my oral presentation in Arabic class. I am so nervous, even though I am using words I know pretty well. I am really good at the writing and reading comprehension but the speaking, especially when everyone will be staring at me, is still a little bit of an issue for me. We are getting graded on the comprehension of our presentation to our peers, grammatical structure of our sentences, and pronunciation. I am really the most worried about pronouncing words because I still have this tendency to say things the way I would in Persian. And trust me, there is a difference between vowels in Arabic and in Persian, as my professor tells me on occasion. Plus, I have to make a powerpoint presentation with pictures and such because I am talking about my family and friends. Wish me some luck.

Also, if all goes well, I will have a new laptop by the end of the weekend. Yippee!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your presentation! You can also look forward to something Rare and Pink later this week! It is officially In The Mail. :)

Unknown said...

Be sure to blog something when it arrives so I know it got there.

Beth said...

I am so jealous of the pink Zune!!! (Bill, you are fooling no one with the attempt at being mysterious.)

Jalehlabad said...

Hee! Beth figured it all out. I am excited to get my pink Zune this week!

Unknown said...

Boy, I am bad with the clues. Anyway, I wish I had another pink Zune for you Beth. Or maybe the two of you can just come up here to Chicago and I can help get us all drunk. That is not like owning a Zune at all, but it is still fun. :)