Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A to Z cds: Day 68

337. Bootleg Detroit ~ Morphine (last listen: 3-6 months)

338. B-Sides and Otherwise ~ Morphine (last listen: 1-3 years)

339. The Night ~ Morphine (last listen: 1-3 years)

340. Waiting For My Rocket to Come ~ Jason Mraz (last listen: 1-3 years): I really like Jason Mraz. I think he's got a great voice. This disc just puts me in a good mood and makes me want to dance.

341. Ruby Blue ~ Roisin Murphy (last listen: 6-9 months): Angie sent me this cd because I loved the title track so much. The rest of the disc isn't really like Ruby Blue but I definitely like the piano pop/trip hop feel on this disc. You all should listen to Ruby Blue and Ramalama.

342. The Weight Is A Gift ~ Nada Surf (last listen; never): I downloaded this after hearing a song on Bill's mixwit mix. I thought this disc was very good and I can't wait until I can listen to it again.

343. God's Son ~ Nas (last listen: 3-5 years): This disc isn't bad but if I have to choose between Nas and Jay-Z; I will pick Jay-Z.

344. Made of Bricks ~ Kate Nash (last listen: 1-3 months): I love this disc. No, I lurve it. I just want to play it over and over and over. And then go have a pint with Ms. Nash and make fun of all the people around us.

345. The Downward Spiral ~ Nine Inch Nails (last listen: 5+ years): I know Marissa will be disappointed but I was never able to get into this band as much as the rest of the world. The disc still holds up and the music is sound but I have no desire to keep this on the Zune.

346. Nevermind ~ Nirvana (last listen: 6-9 months): Wow. I still love me some Nirvana. This disc is still amazing. Amazing. This disc defined my generation. I still remember when Kurt Cobain died and my then boyfriend wore black for a week because he was in mourning. Plus, it's one of the best cds to clean to that I have ever come across.

347. In Utero ~ Nirvana (last listen: 1-3 years): A disc either about the cost of fame or Courtney Love. Either way I dig the anger behind it.

348. Tragic Kingdom ~ No Doubt (last listen: 3-5 years): I am still mad that some assholes I am not even friends with made me late to Pointfest 5 thereby missing No Doubt's performance. I didn't like those jerks in high school and had we not had one friend in common I would have left those fools in Illinois. Anyway, I still like this cd even though I still think of my old supervisor from Target every time I hear Spiderwebs (it was her outgoing message for a long time).

349. Rock Steady ~ No Doubt (last listen: 1-3 years): I love how this disc is a bit of a departure for them. Plus, there are several songs that I love to work out to.

350. Shake Hands With Shorty ~ North Mississippi AllStars (last listen: 3-5 years): Jam-band meets blues equals this fun disc. I forgot about this disc but I will be listening to it again very soon.

351. O, Brother, Where Art Thou? ~ Various Artists (last listen: 6-9 months): I can only have love and gratitude for this cd because it was my introduction into the awesome world of Alison Krauss. Plus, it's just got some great bluegrass gems on it.

352. The O.C. Mix Vol. 1 ~ Various Artists (last listen 1-3 years): I listened to this a lot when B-Mart first gave this to me but then I forgot about it. Now that I am an O.C. convert I can appreciate this disc even more than I did before. Oh, and thanks O.C. for introducing me to Rooney.

353. Ok Go ~ Ok Go (last listen: 1-3 months): I only recently downloaded this so I can't really make any decent musing about it.

354. Oh No ~ Ok Go (last listen: 1-3 months): I first heard these guys when they opened for Death Cab. I was hooked. I love this cd and it makes me want to dance. Please tell me you all have seen the treadmill video. If not, here it is:



355. Trailer Park ~ Beth Orton (last listen: never)

356. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik ~ Outkast (last listen: 1-3 years)

357. ATLiens ~ Outkast (last listen: 1-3 years)

358. Aquemini ~ Outkast (last listen: 1-3 years)

359. Stankonia ~ Outkast (last listen: 6-9 months): I came to Outkast late. This was the first disc of theirs that I had ever bought. It's still my favorite of theirs even if it might not be their best disc. I love to dance to B.O.B. and of course Ms. Jackson.

360. Big Boi and Dre Presents,,, ~ Outkast (last listen: 1-3 years): A very good greatest hits album.

361. Speakerboxx/The Love Below ~ Outkast (last listen: 1-3 years): The double disc that broke and also solidified Outkast as one of the best rap groups in the biz. I am not sure I know a person who doesn't own this and if I do, please don't burst my bubble. Go buy the disc yourself and listen.

362. Beware ~ Panjabi MC (last listen: 1-3 months): I own this disc thanks to Bill. And I truly do thank him for this gem. I love it. I love the mix of Panjabi music and rap. I used this cd to prove that the subaltern can speak. And my students loved it. I just wish this guy would make another cd because I want more of what he's got.

1 comment:

Roll The Dice said...

*clutches at her heart dramatically*

Nah, it's okay. I still love you. :-)