Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Once

Last night I finally watched Once. I will admit that I am glad I waited so long for my initial desire to see this movie to pass. I found the film to be a little slow for the first 20 minutes and I was sort of wondering what exactly the plot was. But when I decided to go with the flow of the movie I really enjoyed it. I think I would have been a bit more disappointed had I watched this during its fever-pitch OMG stage because really, it's a quiet, little film.

I watched a couple of the special features which confirmed for me that the two stars were good friends before the filming began. You could see that they had some real chemistry and really knew one another. And, it seems that they are now a real life couple, which I can totally believe.

But really the star of the movie is the music. Written almost entirely by the "Guy" character, the soundtrack is heartbreakingly good. I went to the Zune marketplace and downloaded it immediately. I want to listen to it over and over again today. In fact, I think I will start doing that now. And, I am back. Anyway, I really liked this movie and I hope to be singing these songs for some time to come.