Monday, July 21, 2008

On being anemic

Hello dear readers,

It's been a while, no? I know you all have just been pining for my wit and words. Ha. So, I have a reason being gone. I won't go into all the gory details but due to some female issues I became anemic. And being anemic. It. Sucks. I mean it really sucks. It feels like it sucks the life out of you; that's how much it sucks. I was tired all the time. Like coming home from work and going directly to bed. Like wanting to sleep all day and all night long. And then when you do wake up all you want to do is eat steak. Or at least that's what I wanted to do.

Luckily for me, I have a good doctor. A sick day of sleeping, some iron pills, red meat and lots of broccoli later, I am feeling much, much better. I still feel myself dragging along throughout the day and around 7pm but it's such a vast improvement from what was that I am not going to complain.

Alas, I have much to tell you about so hopefully you will be getting several posts this week.

Cheers,

Jalehlabad

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you've been sick! I had anemia once, and it was terrible. I'm glad you're doing better!

Beth said...

I'm just glad you're doing better, Jal! Of course we missed you! :)

Anonymous said...

It seems like every woman I know has been having hellish "woman issues" lately. I blame George W. Bush. Just because.

Yay for an excuse to eat red meat, though!

Sexybul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sexybul said...

Oh Jalehlabad!
I'm so glad that you're doing better! Please do what ever it takes to get better....b/c I don't know what the world be without a Jalehlabad?!

Gah, I can't even think such thoughts! :-D

Hope you're feeling much, much better soon!
Sexybul