Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Review: Zune Car Pack v2

Ever since Bill sent me my Zune last November I have been accumulating Zune accessories. This summer I decided to purchase the Zune Car Pack v2 (the v2 part is very important). I was going to write a review back in July but I am glad I waited until I went on a trip to Chicago before writing this up.

So, the car pack hooks into your car lighter and uses a radio station to play your Zune. One of the best features of the car pack is that it also charges your Zune while it plays in your car. The product is fairly attractive looking. The part that hooks into your lighter lights up with the Zune logo when it's plugged in. The transmitter has large, easy to read numbers and it glows so that is useful in the dark.

The car pack's reception can be spotty. Depending on where I am in the city, I have a few stations that I scroll through. Once you get on the highway, the car pack has amazing sound quality. But one of the things I like the least about the car pack is that I have to have skin contact on the transmitter or else the reception can get spotty.

I got the car pack used for a deal on Amazon. I think it's every bit worth the $25 I paid but I am not sure I would be as happy with the product if I had paid full price. Because I got it used I didn't get the pad that holds the Zune and transmitter in place but the Zune fits perfectly in the slot next to my shifter.

I guess the greatest feature of this is that I get all the music on my Zune with me in the car. And that's great since I've been buying almost all of my music via the marketplace.

Overall, I would give this 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: