Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Blogging Buffy

So, I had myself a bit of a Season Six Buffy marathon last night. I watched Smashed through As You Were. Also known as seven freaking episodes. I plan on pushing through and finishing the season this week. Maybe even by tomorrow.

I am really loving this season although I am beginning to have real issues with some of the characters, namely, The Summers Girls. I swear to whatever higher being you believe in that I would be driven mad by the whiny Summers women. Dawn and Buffy are just so annoying sometimes that I actually wish Spike would kill the both of them. But I know that won't happen. It's Buffy's show after all. I just want to scream at them that the world does not revolve around them. Especially Dawn. Just shut up. Her screams are like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Another thing I am really not liking about this season is the loss of Giles. I miss him and his ability to ground all these really high strung and stupid people. I mean, they sort of need a parental figure. Plus, with the exception of Willow and Anya, these people aren't all that bright. They need Mr. SmartyHotLibrarianMan.

Also, Buffy working at Double Meat Palace? I mean, really. Couldn't they have gotten her a job as a trainer or something. I get that she is supposed to be at a low point but in a world where very little is believable; I find it ludicrous that Buffy would sling "burgers."

I do love this seasons Big Bad. The dork trio is too damn funny. Plus Jonathon/Doyle! Love him! And, of course, I am loving Spike, even if he is a little sad in his Buffy love. Those sex scenes have been HOT!

I cannot wait to see how this season ends.

P.S. Riley, never come back again! Thanks!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ah, Season 6. So much to love (Once More with Feeling, The Nerd Troika, Spike); so much to hate (Buffy in her annoying funk, Dawn's slap-ability, and just wait until later in the season!).

There are many issues to address here. When the season originally aired, it got tons of flack for Dawn's annoyingness. And rightfully so. She's freaking grating. Even Michelle Trachtenberg was annoyed by her. We were promised that she would improve and become more independant in Season 7; they take steps towards it in the 6 finale, but it ends up being a bit of an empty promise.

Next, the Buffster herself. I agree that the job is stupid (and gross), but I also don't think Buffy was terribly motivated right then to find a better job. She tried in "Life Serial," and look where it got her, poor girl!

Yaaaay for Jonathan/Doyle! Now you know why I was excited to see him on GG. He was a Buffy regular from episode 1! I also have a serious nerd crush on Andrew (just wait till Season 7)! However, you have some surprises in store for you re: The Nerd Troika and their status as The Big Bad.

Word about Giles. His loss was a depressing one. But just wait until the season finale!!!!!!! Oh, and how awesome was the little monster finger puppet Tara gave him at the airport? "Grrr. Argh!"

Finally: Word about Riley. I hate, hate, HATED him. HAAAAATED. He is a terrible actor. He is a big dope. He annoys the crap out of me. He was in no way ever really worthy of Buffy. (Although how awesome is the season 4 finale: "We better make a fort." "I'll get the pillows.") Don't worry, that's the last you'll see of him.

SO glad you're watching!