Friday, June 09, 2006

Stuff and Things

I don't have too much to write about these days. Lots of things are happening that I can't talk about because I don't want to jinx anything. But, big changes could be coming for Jalehlabad. So, send good vibes my way.

I was asked to write about my final thoughts on Everwood by a reader of this blog. I am sorry but I just can't do it. I am still too upset about it. I would like to give a big shout out and thank you to the cast, crew, writers, producers, and Berlanti. They came together to make a wonderful series. I hope some of you will take the time to watch Everwood this fall in syndication on ABC Family. I know I will be watching and tivoing all the old episodes. Also, bravo to me. In the past week I got two pals hooked on the show with just the pilot episode.

All of this canceling of shows and such has gotten me thinking about Nielsen ratings. I recently dated someone who had a Nielsen box, and I have to say that this was the sexiest thing about him. How does one get a Nielsen box? Because I really want one. I did a little digging and I guess they have to approach you. Hey, Nielsen people! Jalehlabad really wants a box. Hell, I will even take the paper form you fill out. Just let me and my obsessive telly watching somehow do good for humankind. Hee.

In other news, I read a few more of The Princess Diaries series. I read Volumes III, IV, and IV 1/2 in the life of Princess Mia. They just keep getting cuter and more fun. I am currently awaiting Volume V. Why does media mail take so long?

Also, I recently joined Netflix. I currently have Arrested Development Season 1 at home. I watched the first disc last night. Oh my god, that show is so funny. I am only sorry I never watched before now since it was also cancelled. I was laughing so loud last night. Anyway, I am sure you all know what Netflix is. If you are a member, let me know and I will add you to my friends list.


Books Read in 2006:
Project Princess by Meg Cabot
Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot
Princess in Love by Meg Cabot
Sorceress by Celia Rees
Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
Jane Eyre
by Charlotte Bronte

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goooooooodddddddddd Viiiiiibeeesssss!!!

You should check out Rescue Me as a new program to watch. The first two seasons are on DVD so you can catch up.

An FYI about Netflix, I have heard from a credible source that they routinely discriminate against women in their organization. This is just a claim of course, but I trust the source.

-Mike

Jalehlabad said...

Mike,

I have thought about watching Rescue Me. I have always loved Denis Leary. He cracks me up and I do know that this show is a drama. Rescue Me is in my netflix queue. I imagine I will be blogging about that soon enough. After I get through all these other movies and tv shows first.

As for the Netflix/women thing, I don't doubt it that they discriminate against women. I was reading something the other days that seemed to infer that more and more women were being fired for getting pregnant. It's an epidemic man!

Anonymous said...

What I had heard was that they were firing more competent women to keep men, and that when some senior women managers refused, they were fired too. Litigation and everything. Take it for what it's worth, I don't know if not using their service will make a difference or not (probably not).

Just thought I'd pass along the info. :o)

Mike

Rana said...

I just joined netflix too. add me to your friends list: rmeyer9970@aol.com