Monday, June 26, 2006

Reading, etc.


I had a nice, relaxing weekend in Cutesville. I am hoping that you, my dear readers, also had a nice weekend.

I finished Buffy season seven. It was an oddly satisfying ending. I was sad that Anya died and that Spike is supposedly dead. (Thanks, B-Mart and Tricia for letting me know that my dear Spike does live on.) Anyway, I thought that they left the show with a very open ending. I mean, now that Buffy isn't the "Chosen One" what will she do with herself? It's not like she could go from killing machine to something normal. Maybe she becomes the Slayer Trainer? I don't know. I guess I am going to start Angel now. I am not sure if I am ready to do that just yet. I think I need to mourn Buffy just a little longer.

I also finished a few books in the past week. I ploughed through two more of the Princess Diaries series. So now I have read Books V and VI. The series is still funny and cute. I am realizing now how much the movies really are missing something. Although, when reading these books I do see Anne Hathaway as Mia. Anyhoodle. Cute stuff!

The other book I read last week was Digging to America by Anne Tyler. Digging to America is the story of the Yazdans (and Iranian-American family) and the Donaldsons. These two families meet when they both adopt children from Korea and the babies come to America on the same day. While a friendship blooms between the families over several years, their differences are apparent from day one. This book is a nice story about change in its many forms and about how one can feel very alone even when surrounded by a loving family. I thought the book was pretty decent but the ending could have been a bit better.

Books Read in 2006:
Digging to America by Anne Tyler
Princess in Training< by Meg Cabot
Princess in Pink/span> by Meg Cabot
Project Princess by Meg Cabot
Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot
Princess in Love by Meg Cabot
Sorceress by Celia Rees
Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
Jane Eyre
by Charlotte Bronte

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey chickadee. I will give you a small amount of time to mourn, but then I fully expect Angel viewing from you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised (except in Season 4 when you may be supremely pissed off, but whatever). In Season 5 (the season that occurs during the year after Buffy ends), you will even get glimpses of what your favorite Slayer is up to! Yay! And Willow appears and gets to co-star with her real-life hubby Wesley in Season 4. Yay! Good stuff.

I am avoiding going to sessions at ALA at the moment. Heading home tomorrow. Lates!

Jalehlabad said...

Don't worry, Beth. I planned on starting Angel sometime next week. I hope you are having fun at ALA.