Thursday, June 22, 2006

Burning Down the House

This week has been a bit wonky. Monday night there was a huge storm that rolled through town and caused a bit o' damage in my neighbothood. Here's the 411:

I came home from work on Monday night to begin my Buffy season seven marathon. The sky just kept getting darker and then it was full on storm time. I didn't think much of it since the storm seemed to mirroring the darkness of Buffy. But then came all the lightening. It was pretty intense and I was getting concerned about all of my lovely electronic items. Then out of nowhere it felt like lightening struck my house. I saw sparks flying in my front yard. My brick house, built in the 1800's, shook. My house never shakes. I started to freak a bit. So, I go outside to see if my house is on fire. It's not. So, I go about my business. I restart Buffy. I see my neighbor so I go to ask him for some matches since I am out and I really want to grill. I tell him about how I crazily thought the house was hit by lightening. He takes a walk around the house to make sure I wasn't wrong, especially since the apartment above me is empty.

After my talk with Jeremy I headed to the back yard to start the grill. Then Desiree, Jeremy's wife, starts banging on my door. Our house isn't on fire but the abandoned house next door is. CRAZY! Luckily, the firefighters were there in a flash and no one was injured. It was a nutty mess. All I could think about was B-Mart and her fire endeavor and I was grateful that my house was safe.

Now, on to Buffy talk. I have been plowing through season seven. I only have seven episodes of the series left. It makes me sad to think this will all be ending. And then I wonder how will they end it? And will Buffy ever tell Spike she loves him? Because she totally does.

And what is up with Principal Wood? I cannot figure out if he is evil or not. Although, he better not try to kill Spike. Or at least, he better not succeed.

Also, Kennedy annoys me. Like when did she become a Scooby? Or do you get to be a Scooby if you french Willow? Because if I was a fellow Potential I would be pretty pissed that Kennedy gets to know all sorts of things that the other Potentials aren't privy to. Also, don't mock the magic, silly girl. You have no idea what Willow is capable of. Though she got a taste of that in the last episode I watched.

Thankfully Giles is back. I missed Giles.

Anyway, I may just marathon on and finish it all. Especially since certain people spilled the beans about important plot points. Damn all my friends for being Buffy converts years before me.

6 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

Don't even get me started on Kennedy. Hatred. And annoyance with Willow for even liking her annoyingly hateable ass. ERGH.

I will say nothing else for fear of spoiling something.

But here's what you'll do next, Jal, to push away some of the pain--watch all 5 season of Angel. It's slightly different from Buffy, but I still have enormous love for it. So good! Plus, hunky Angel! And Spike in Season 5! And Cordy! And Gunn! And Wesley! Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Jesus J'bad, that's really scary. I'm glad everything came out OK!

-Mike

Beth said...

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to completely ignore the fire thing, I just get carried away by Buffy stuff.

Anyhoo, as your friend who has lived through both an actual fire and also having had lightning strike the condo above hers (seperate occasions, of course), I can most certainly emphathize to the highest degree. It SUCKS. I'm sorry you had to go through it, but am glad it turned out okay!!! And I hope you have renters insurance!!!!!!

Jalehlabad said...

Thanks for the nice wishes and I do have renter's insurance.

Now on to the Buffy, I finsihed last night. I am so glad Buffy told Spike she loved him even if he didn't believe it. I just know it's true. Sigh. Porr Anya! And Xander's eye. But now where will they live? I guess we will never know.

Anonymous said...

wow, scary storm story...tell me, do you have an escape plan and all? (ie. how in hell to catch your cat in order to save her life while not losing your own?)

Anyhow, sorry about "spilling the beans" on xander's eye, I honestly thought you'd already seen that ep.

Love and miss ya!