Monday, December 03, 2007

A new toy

So, this weekend I went and bought myself a shiny, new laptop. I didn't want anything fancy. Just something to do music uploading and Internet cruising, and blog posting on. I ended up buying a Toshiba Satellite A135. A store that rhymes with Mest My had this computer on sale for under $500. So, I took full advantage of that awesome price. I think I may need to add some memory to it but that is easily done with the plethora of computer nerds that I know.

So, my three year drought of no home computer has ended. Although, honestly, I am not sure how I feel about that. Alas, I have no wifi until Dec. 10 when the cable people can come out to hook me up.

I went to Bread Co. (known to you none StL folks as Panera) and downloaded Firefox and some music software (more on that later).

Anyway, that's all for now. I will hopefully be blogging soon about another new shiny toy I will be getting this week.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Awww, my new laptop was less than $500 and from BB! But it is a Gateway, not a Toshiba.

I love having a laptop again, and I also cannot wait for my wifi to be installed! We are having parallel computer experiences, Jal!

Jalehlabad said...

I didn't know you got a new laptop. Looks like me, you, and the LeMars are rocking the new computerware!

Beth said...

It was at the end of my Nov. 12 Monon report, which probably no one but DPU kids actually read. But yes, I got one too and I lurve it!