Saturday, January 26, 2008

A to Z cds: Day 64

305. Madonna ~ Madonna (last listen: 5+ years): I haven't listened to this disc in ages. What's crazy is that it still sounds pretty fresh. People like to crap on Madonna but she knows how to make a good pop album.

306. Bedtime Stories ~ Madonna (last listen: 1-3 years): I forgot how much I liked this disc. It's got a bit of the dirty pre-motherhood Madonna that we've all forgotten about. But I really dig the songs Survival, Secret, Take a Bow, and most especially the co-penned with Bjork, Bedtime Story.

307. Something to Remember ~ Madonna (last listen: 5+ years): This is a collection of many of Maddona's ballads. I was thinking I would really not groove on this disc but I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. However, I was reminded of how much I loathe the song "This Used To Be My Playground." That said, it's pretty impossible to deny the awesomeness of the song "Crazy For You." Especially if you slow danced to this song in like the sixth grade. Heh.

308. Ray of Light ~ Madonna (last listen: 1-3 years): I think this might be some of Madonna's finest work. It's a great pop album and I can't not dance when I hear Ray of Light.

309. Music ~ Madonna (last listen 1-3 years): I like this disc; most especially the songs Music and Don't Tell Me.

No comments: