Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're Jammin'

This morning sucked. And when I say sucked; I mean REALLY sucked. On my way to work this morning I got into quite the fender bender (that's #14 for those of you keeping track). Let's just say icy roads + jerky drivers + losing control = Jalehlabad's car is in the body shop. I don't know the extent of the damage or if things are being totalled or what. I can tell you that I (and the other eight cars involved in an accident not of my making) shut down a major artery in the Lou. And I know I made the news because I could hear the traffic helicopters above me.

Here's what happened: I was driving to work when the car in front of me slammed on their brakes to avoid hitting an accident in progress. I pumped my brakes in an effort to avoid the woman in front of my and in the process smashed into the guardrail and spun 180 degrees. I quickly hopped out to look at my car and luckily, there was very little damage done to the car. As I got back in and put my seat belt on another person lost control and smashed into me head on. I was very grateful for the seat belt then. And also, I was amazingly lucky to not be out of my car where he would have mostly likely crushed my legs between my car and the guardrail. Folks, stay in your car when there is an accident. Then the tow truck, driven by someone old enough to be my grandpa, dropped my car as it was being towed away. DROPPED MY CAR! At that point, all I could do was laugh. I mean, it's either that or cry.

I should say that we were all incredibly lucky and no one was hurt during the accident and I am happy for that.

Honestly, though, this just sucks. It's no fun having to deal with insurance people, get a rental car, find out if your car is fixable or whatnot. Anyway, I am not happy that my blue baby is hurt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!

It never would have occurred to me to put my seat belt back on. I would have just gotten back in the car and stewed while waiting for the tow.

Glad to hear you're okay.

Beth said...

NOOOOO!!!!!! My car's blue twin is injured? I bet my car was trying to tell me that it was feeling your car's pain earlier (as twins sometimes do) and all the while I was just like, "shut up and play my David Bowie cd, car!"

Did I take that scenario too far? Oh well.

Seriously, though, I am SO sad for your car (and you of course). I hope it can be fixed, and/or they give you enough money to get a new one. :( Glad you're okay!

Roll The Dice said...

I'm glad to hear you are okay, Jaleh, even if the car isn't so spiffy at the moment....

*hugs to you*

Unknown said...

I loved your car, Jaleh. But I'm glad you're fine and healthy. What a lousy morning!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaleh-juan!
I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, But I'm HUGELY relieved to hear that you are alright!!!

I do hope all is well with the zippy blue beast! And if not, maybe it's a blessing in disguise.....Prius time perhaps? Either way I hope your insurance company is cool.

Again so glad to hear you're safe!!

Oh PS,
With the guy dropping your car, BRAVA for not scratching his eyes out....if anyone dropped my Guenieviere I think I would have blown a gasket!(hey how I just used a vehicular metaphor appropriately! ha!)

Jalehlabad said...

Thanks for all your well wishes! I am feeling fine today, just a little sore. Hopefully I will find out the fate of my blue baby this afternoon.