Monday, November 06, 2006

GMYH makes me sad

Well, my one and only reliable link to The O.C.; the one I have come to depend on for accurate, insightful, sometimes snarky info has made me sad. GMYH doesn't like Che. I 've never watched a whole episode of The O.C. although the chances of that happening greatly improved once Misha Barton was offed. However, I have always been able to turn to my trusty, head-banging GMYH for a solid recap of the current week's O.C.

I anxiously awaited GMYH's analysis of Summer's hippie friend. Oh, boy, did I get an analysis. Here's what he had to say about my beloved Chris Pratt:

In addition to referring to herself as post-ironic, she has befriended a guy at Brown -- the kind of overexaggerated hippie who shits in a bucket and doesn't wipe so that he can save water and trees -- who looks like he smells bad and is clearly too dumb to get into Brown in real life, but does have a dijereedoo, which is apparently not only for Aborigines anymore. In fact, it is implied by Josh Schwartz and McG that there are people in the world whose idea of having fun is sitting in an Ivy League dorm room and jamming with a bongo, clavas, and a dijereedoo, all while not getting drunk or high. The hippie dude actually said, "Your turn to jam on the dij'." I wish I made that up. Sadly, it was followed soon thereafter with "Wherever you go, there you are," said with no hint of irony.


Now, I will conceed that from GMYH's description the writers of The O.C. have made Pratt sound like a frakkin' douche. I hope that stops soon and that the viewers of The O.C. will soon begin to appreciate the funny that Pratt can bring.

But if you don't want to wait for this week's O.C.; you should check out season two of Everwood on ABCFamily. And no, I will not let it go. My heart will go on for the Everwood.

2 comments:

GMYH said...

No offense was meant towards Chris Pratt -- just the character that The OC writers have given him (i.e., way too over-the-top and doesn't seem to be the type of character who could get into Brown). And seriously, who has a dijereedoo?

Anonymous said...

My advisor when I was in NYC on the New York Arts program not only owned a dijereedoo, but he made us attend a class in which he demonstrated playing it. For more than an hour. I think he played it in a band.

Yep, whatever opinion of him you may have just formed in your mind, it's probably right.