Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Choke a bitch

Well, on Sunday two great things come to an end. The first is season three of Battlestar Galactica. I am assuming someone is revealed to be a cylon. Many think it's Starbuck but I am seriously leaning towards Tigh, especially after last week's little melt down. Plus, wouldn't that just be a mind frak for ol' Tigh? I guess I will just have to wait and see.

The other thing that's ending, and making me much more sad, is Rome. After Sunday, Rome will be no more. The great empire will fall. Last week's episode was so fabulous I almost don't know where to begin. But I will say that two bitches did get choked. One got choked to death; the other just to climax (speaking of which, who knew Octavian had such a hot bod?). Ha! I loved Antony in Egypt. Who knew strung out could look so good, especially when combined with eyeliner? Man, Ray Stevenson really knocked it out of the park with his portrayal of Pullo this week. The whole scene with Gaia's deathbed confession was amazing. The range of emotions that he conveyed with his eyes alone, from loving, sadness to cold as ice hatred in about four seconds, was amazing. I really am going to miss all these great actors on my telly.


In other news I finished two books this weekend. The first was The Count of Monte Cristo. If you haven't read this book, well, I highly recommend reading it. This is a tale of love lost and revenge. Edmond loses everything when he is falsely accused of being a Bonapartist. He is wrongfully imprisoned for fourteen years and during that time he learns much but also harbors his anger. When he finally escapes prison, he sets his revenge scheme in motion.

I thought the book was so well written and completely engaging. I had a hard time putting it down. Although, I really pitied Edmond because he could never see past his desire for revenge. I kept thinking to myself, this dude needs to get laid. In the end, that's just what he does.


The second book I read this week was John Green's An Abundance of Katherines. Katherines is the story of Colin, a former child prodigy who seems to only date girls named Katherine. On the night of his high school graduation Katherine XIX dumps him and Colin has a melt down. So, Hassan, Colin's best pal, suggests a road trip. Somehow, Colin and Hassan end up in Gutshot, Tennessee. They get jobs taking recording the town's history while Colin tries to come up with the perfect mathematical computation to explain his life of Katherines.

This was another great book. I really like John's writing style (it might not hurt that I have a wee crush on him thanks to his awesome vlog Brotherhood 2.0 which you should totally be watching everyday and yes I know he's married to the yeti.) Anyway, the book was a fun read and it made me wish I was good at math. Since I really didn't understand all the mathematical computations in the book. But you don't need to get math to understand Colin's heartache and his ultimate triumph over the Katherines.

Books Read in 2007:

An Abundance of Katherines ~ John Green
The Count of Monte Cristo ~ Alexandre Dumas
Looking For Alaska ~ John Green
Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's Nest ~ Stephen Ambrose
Drinking, Smoking, and Screwing: Great Writers on Good Times ~ edited by Sara Nikles
Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood ~ Ann Brashares

No comments: