Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Looking For Alaska


Last night I finished John Green's, Printz Award winning book, Looking For Alaska. This book was so good that I had a really hard time putting it down. So, what's it about you ask? Well, let me tell you.

Miles "Pudge" Halter decides to spend his remaining high school years at a boarding school called Culver Creek. There he meets Chip, Alaska, Takumi, and Lara. This group causes trouble and spends time bonding over Comparative Religion and PreCalc. When one of them dies, the rest of the group tries to come to grips with the how and why their friend was taken from them.

I thought I already loved John Green (and Hank too) because of Brotherhood 2.0. After reading this book, I realized that I loved those Green boys even more. I am now anxiously awaiting the arrival (via ILL) of John's second book, An Abundance of Katherines (which came in second for this year's Printz Award).

Books Read in 2007:

Looking For Alaska ~ John Green
Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's Nest ~ Stephen Ambrose
Drinking, Smoking, and Screwing: Great Writers on Good Times ~ edited by Sara Nikles
Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood ~ Ann Brashares

No comments: