Wednesday, December 07, 2005

French nothings and sleeping naked

So, to get the telly talk out of the way, I need to rave about this week's Kitchen Confidential. First, I am sad they cancelled this show. I don't think it really got a chance to catch on but whatever. This week, Michael Vartan, aka The Pretty, guest starred as a French chef who steals Jack's lamb dish. Hilarity ensues. I have to say that this episode was the funniest of the season. Plus, it never hurts to have Vartan speaking with his native French accent and speaking French. Sigh. Anyway, I have the thing saved on Tivo so I can rewatch to my hearts content.

In other news, it has gotten so cold that I cannot sleep in the buff anymore. Well, actually it's been that cold for a while. But last night, I could not sleep without socks on. This is not good since normally I find clothes all constrictive, especially the pesky clothes like socks. But alas, I was up until I clothed my feet and then woke up with warm toes. So, I guess it all worked out.

You know, I am now realizing that I have just told the world that I sleep naked. Huh. Shockingly, I am not really disturbed by this revelation of self. When I was a kid my grandma lived with my mom and I. She would sleep naked and sometimes would sleep walk. Which was not good. But I remember asking her about it one day and she said that when you get older you don't want to be all encumbered by clothes when you sleep. I recall thinking she was nuts but then I was a prude at the age of nine. Then when my mom married my (step)dad, my oldest (step)sister was always naked. I mean, I would come home from school with friends and before I let them in I would have to yell to see if she was naked. I didn't want to scar my friends or be embarrassed by my sister. Anyway, I guess being around Tina made my less inhibited. And now, due to the cold, I must put my inhibitions back on in layers of socks, t-shirts, flannel pants, and sweat shirts. Oh how the mighty nude sleeper has fallen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I run for president on the Pantsless Party platform, you, Naked Jaleh, are my first choice for Vice President. Or Secretary of State. Your choice. :)

Unknown said...

I hate sleeping in the nude, even when there's good reason to do so. I have major temperature regulation problems. So I guess when you two come to power, I will be your archnemesis. Just call me the GOPA...grand old party of allison. ;)