Sunday, December 11, 2005

My nose !@#$@! hurts!

Disclaimer: The following is a bit squicky. Read with caution.

This past week was not good in the land of the newly pierced nose. Last week, I developed "the bump." "The Bump" is a zit-like formation that occurs pretty often with newly pierced noses. So, it looks like you have a zit next to your shiny nose ring. Well, I followed "the bump" care procedures to the letter.

Antibacterial soap twice a day: check.
Hot Compress: check.
Trying to not touch it and/or pop "the bump:" check.

And finally on Saturday night the thing burst whilst I was asleep. I wake up to crusty blood on my face. As, I am washing my face I notice that "the bump" is entirely gone. Yippee. My joy is short lived. As I wash my face, I get my nose ring stuck on the wash rag and pull the ring out of the hole. A ouchie for sure but this has happened before.

So, I go to put the ring back in and nothing. It will only go in part of the way. I chuckle because it isn't always easy to detect where the inner hole is. So, I try another angle. Nothing. I try a third time and again, nothing. Now, I start to freak out a bit. I mean, how in the name of Zeus, has my nose ring hole closed in the span of 3 minutes? I don't know how but it did. So, my friends, I had to repuncture through my nose, and I felt the cartilidge give way. It hurt. I didn't cry or anything but it wasn't fun.

And now, my nose hurts again. Compound on top of this my current running nose and it should be a good ol', red nosed time here in Jalehlabadland.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Um....gross? And, ouch. See, missy, this is what you get for violating your nose! ;)

How about some pictures? That would have made it all even awesomer!

Unknown said...

I second the motion for pictures.

I feel your pain...once upon a time, I too had to jam my nose ring back in. Never had to deal with The Bump.

Just remember, the pain is what makes it badass ;)

Anonymous said...

Ugh--you just filled my "ick quota" for the day.

Anonymous said...

i stumbled on your site and thought that i would take a peek .. i just got my nose peirced 3 weeks ago and i hope that that never happens to me! OUCHIE!