Thursday, May 04, 2006

Beer can equal bad

Last night I went to Wednesday Night Social Club even though I was still a bit miffed about last week. It actually turned out to be a very fun night. I had possibly one or two beers too many. Here's how I know this.

I woke up and got ready this morning. I was heading out to get my oil changed when I noticed that my wallet was not in my purse. Nor was my wallet in my awesome knitting bag, Nor was my wallet anywhere in my house. I begin to freak.

Since I walked home from the bar, I decided to retrace my steps. It's only about a block so it wouldn't take but a few minutes. Alas, nothing. The bar doesn't have my wallet, neither do the police. My day has consisted of calling credit card companies, going to the bank, calling the BMV, and generally freaking out and being totally pissed off at myself.

On another level, I am pissed because someone has obviously found my wallet and has chosen to not return it. It's not like it would be hard for this person to find my house in my incredibly small town. Sigh. Anyway, why be a good samaritan when you can be a meth head seems to be par for the course around here.

I am afraid to ask if this week can get worse, you know, just in case it can get worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, that really sucks J-bad. Hopefully someone gets wise and returns it to you.