Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fuck off, CW


My fears have come true. It looks like Dawn Ostroff has decided that Everwood won't make the cut on to the CW lineup. I can't really put into words how sad this makes me. It borders on ridiculous as I sit at my desk, at work, and try to not cry or throw something.

Kiddies on the internets are putting up a hue and a cry over the renewal of 7th Heaven, one of the worst acted, written, and, in my mind, sadistic shows on television. Yet it's Everwood that gets the axe. Personally, I think Everwood got cancelled because it was too good. I dare you to find a more stellar cast of actors on television. I dare you to find a family drama, on television now, that deals with the realities of life better than Everwood. You can't. It doesn't exist. If the CW wants to pander to the lowest common denominator, I suppose I can't do anything about it. I am giving Gilmore Girls four episodes to turn shit around. If that doesn't happen, then the CW can go fcuk itself.

No comments: