Sunday, May 21, 2006

My first 5K

Saturday morning I got up very early and walked/jogged in my first 5K. I didn't break any records but I am pretty proud of myself for getting out there and, as a friend put it, beating the course. I finished it in about 40 minutes which isn't bad when you consider my only form of training was drinking a lot of beer. The funny thing is, now that I have finished this 5K, I feel compelled to start training and jogging more often. I mean, I can only improve my time in the next 5K I do. Also, I got a decent looking t-shirt out of it. More importantly, by virtue of my named being picked out of a hat, I was named the "Undisputed Winner" of the whole race. I even got a stone plaque to attest to this. Pretty cool, no? My body feels a bit sore today but overall I am extremely happy about my accomplishment.

In other news, while in Bloomington I went a little crazy at Borders. I bought a few books. I even finished reading two of them on Friday and Saturday. B-Mart just posted about reading Book V in the Princess Diaries series. Well, I picked up Volumes I and II, aptly named The Princess Diaries and Princess in the Spotlight. These books are cute and pure fluff. I mean, I read them both in maybe 4 hours. But they are wonderful in making you laugh out loud. Especially if you are a girl; because seriously, inside every woman is that girly teenager who had a crush on the wrong guy while the right guy was in front of you the whole time. Hee. Anyway, very fun books to read on a Saturday afternoon with a growler of Bloomington Brewing Co.'s Weisse Ale next to you.

Books Read in 2006:
Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
Jane Eyre
by Charlotte Bronte

2 comments:

Beth said...

What were you in B-ton for? Dude, I totally would have met you for stix! I was a loser doing nothing Sat! Oh well.

In other news, glad you are enjoying the Princess books. They are totally great. Heee!

Unknown said...

Horray Bloomington

Congrats on the 5k, J!