Friday, February 16, 2007

Late to the party


Well, last night I finally sat down to watch Little Miss Sunshine. Man, I am sorry I waited this long to watch this fabulous movie. I know that Beth reviewed this flick months ago but LMS just got lost in my overflowing netflix (which, btw, I am sure to never get through and is most likely the reason why I never read books anymore) queue .

Anyway, to recap, Little Miss Sunshine is about a family that travels to California so the daughter can compete in the Little Miss Sunshine competition. And, since it's a road trip movie you just know some bad things are going to happen. I don't want to give away any details for those still waiting to watch this film but the talent competition was so damn funny. I haven't laughed that hard since I last watched that episode of Arrested Development where Mrs. Featherbottom took a spill off of the stairwell into the living room.

I am trying to watch all of the flicks nominated for best picture this year but I am not sure I am going to get to do that. I loved this film and hope it gets some award recognition. So, go check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMS was an amazing movie. The best part about it was the biting social commentary on pageant culture conveyed through the protagonist's dance routine.

-Mike