Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Take my voice away


Well, this past weekend left the taste of Aleve cold and sinus in my mouth. It started out brilliantly with me getting a speeding ticket about 15 miles from home on my way up to Chicago. (I don't want to hear it, Hanover Crew.) This was just a harbinger of things to come. Some of you may have read over at B-Mart and GYMH's blogs that we failed to pass the VH1 test and therefore will not be dominating the WSoPC. I still am calling bullshit on that one. Le sigh. I would like to post on our activities after our failure but I really think that it would be hard to top Andrew and so I will leave it to him. However, see picture above. And know that I was laughing very hard. Pictured above two persons who can only be a FauxXander and someone channeling Vlad the Impaler. I am still mourning our inability to capture a picture of the douche guy and the girl who looked like she popped out of a really bad Eightie's video.

My body rebelled the next morning by virtually depriving me of all vocal abilities. Therefore, I was not able to adequately yell about the IU loss to Iowa. However, I was able to silently squee at the afternoon trip to Ikea and gasp at the retardedness of the nightly viewing of one of the worst movies of all time, Beerfest. Wow, that was a bad movie. Although, now I am glad that I can delete that crapfest from my netflix queue.

On Sunday, I saw a tie for the worst film of the weekend, Because I Said So. I don't know that I have ever wanted to actually murder Diane Keaton before (even when she chooses to dress like Annie Hall on crack) but I did after wasting those two precious hours of my life. I will never get them back. The only redeeming qualities about this film were Lauren Graham, Mandy Moore, the very cute Gabriel Macht, and a cameo by Tony Hale (aka Buster Bluth). But even all of that does not make up for the utter shit fest that was this movie. The script was crap and again, no one likes a shrill Diane Keaton. NO. ONE. I can say that as a lover of chick flicks that even this one will not go on my secretly watch on Saturday afternoons but tell people I am watching PBS list, like say Bring It On. I think this really illustrates the level of badness, especially when you couple that with my love for Lauren Graham (it knows no bounds, my friends).

I have to say that overall, it was a pretty fun weekend. Many good times were had and I "laughed" as best I could (it really sounded more like wheezing) about all the funny things that happened. Plus, who doesn't like to see friends that they haven't seen in over a year and some friends they saw at X-Mas (Hi, Ang!)? Although, you know you spent the weekend somewhere cold when you come home to the StL and the weather is 11 degrees and you think, "man, it's warm out here."

2 comments:

Beth said...

Awww, I didn't think Beerfest was THAT bad. But, I love that Jay guy. It was certainly no Super Troopers.

I love that all three of us have pictures of those freaks on our blogs.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you made it home safe from our frozen waste land! FYI: my car battery finally froze to death, be glad you escaped while you still could!
~Angie