Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 62

So we are getting ready to enter the Led Zepplin phase of the listening project. I know this is going to sound like blasphemy to some of you but I've never really listened to Led Zepplin before. I have these discs because DiRRty thought I should have them. I've never been opposed to Led Zepplin; it's just I've never really been exposed to them either. I know that they have influenced some of my favorite bands and musicians. That's why I graciously accepted these discs in the first place. I've always wanted to be a fan and really know their music but I haven't taken the time to do so. But now, as they are reuniting it seems fitting that I should finally listen to these discs. And possibly learn to love Led Zepplin.


293. Led Zepplin I ~ Led Zepplin (last listen: never)

294. Led Zepplin II ~ Led Zepplin (last listen: never)

295. Led Zepplin III ~ Led Zepplin (last listen: never)

296. Physical Graffiti ~ Led Zepplin (last listen: never)

297. In Through the Out Door ~ Led Zepplin (last listen: never)

298. BBC Sessions ~ Led Zepplin (last lisen: never)

Okay, Led Zepplin rules. How have I never listened to these guys before? I should say that I don't think you can live in society and be completely ignorant of Zepllin so I had heard some songs, obviously Whole Lotta Love, Dazed and Confused, etc., but these guys are amazing. Man, I am dumb for not listening to these guys before now. Communication Breakdown is a genius song. Now I need to get my hands on Led Zepplin IV. I am blown away. I hope that my being blown away makes up for the fact that I have been retarded for 31 years.

No comments: