Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday morning lesson

Don't read graphic novels on the train. It will make you sick.

This lesson comes as a shock to me since I thought I had gotten over my reading in a moving vehicle = wanting to puke. When I was a kid I could never read in the car but as I got older I would often read a book on the bus in B'ton and I regularly take books on the Metrolink. Today, I learned that this non-motion sickness does not apply to graphic novels. My cuz and his fam bought me Tales of the Vampires for my birthday and this morning I thought that book is sufficiently small enough to be a good train book. Until about 5 minutes into my train ride and the next 15 minutes on the train to my stop. And the whole 10 minute walk into campus. And even a little as I write this. Woo. Breathe in and out.

Lesson learned. I will read that shit at home on my non-moving couch.

No comments: