Wednesday, May 23, 2007

GMYH inspires me

I don't know how many of you read Give Me Your Handrew or actually are GMYH but he's embarked on the intense task of listening to every cd he owns (and seeing as how I was there when he bought his cd racks [woo! IKEA!] I can tell you he has many cds). Then he tells you about it and stuff. I know. It's a pretty cool idea, I agree.

I started to think the other day that I am just over my cd collection. I can't ever seem to find anything I want to listen to. It may be that I have too many choices or that I am just bored or something. I can't even really describe it but I end up listening to the same 30 cds all day at work and it's getting old. I want to love my music again. Especially when I start to calculate how much money I have spent on cultivating said collection.

I think that having a cd collection of almost 500 cds is quite impressive (even if some of them are really horrible choices). So, GMYH, I am going to be yer little copycat. I can tell that we have some overlap but I think we will also diverge in interesting and funny ways.

Maybe this will get me outta my music funk. So, it will begin tomorrow or maybe when I come back from vacation.

Speaking of which, things are going to be post-lite after tomorrow as I am going on vaca Friday and all next week. So, I may post but my goal is to avoid the computer as much as possible whilst on vacation.

No comments: