Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Taking a break

I am going to be going away for a few days. I am taking some vacation time since Squatter is coming in town for a visit.

I don't have much to say anyway. I've been plowing through the Harry Potter series. I started book five last night. As usual when I read the Harry Potter series, I have many Harry Potter themed dreams. Sometimes I am me but at Hogwarts, sometimes I am Hermione, other times I am a Weasley. Anyway, I had another dream last night all about book four which makes sense as I had finished book four earlier in the evening. I do love having dreams about living at Hogwarts.

In other news, last night was the second to last episode of Gilmore Girls. I discussed a while back my desire to see this show end with some dignity. I still want that to happen. But I find myself much more sad about this show ending than I thought I would be. It's nothing on the level of my Everwood heartache but a sadness none-the-less. For the last seven years every Tuesday night I sat down to watch this show. That's a long time, my friends. But it is time for this show to end. I'm not getting my Lorelai and Luke wedding. I have to be content with what we get and I am trying to do that. I just wish we hadn't been led to believe that a season eight was going to happen. I would have liked them to actually plan for a series finale rather than say this one episode could be both. I am going to reserve my final judgment for next Tuesday. However, I am now able to enforce my self-imposed boycotting of CW for canceling Everwood.

So, here's my second to last GG breakdown (man, I haven't done this in a while).

The Great

The look between Lorelai and Rory when Rory got her diploma. It was so sweet and loving. Looks like they made it.

The Grandparents singing. I cringed more at that than Lorelai's tune last week. But it was sweet.

Rory choosing to be single. I think it's important for her to learn more about herself.

Kirk in a box. Of course, now I can't help but sing "it's my Kirk in a box." Ladies everywhere should be scared to open a box with a Kirk in it.

The Good

I liked all the townie interaction. Was it idiotic for the town to think they could go to the graduation? Yes, but it was also cute and sweet. Plus, Taylor in a wheelchair just makes me laugh.

I like the Liz/Luke interaction.

The Bad

Sigh. I wish Luke and Lorelai would get their shit together and just have a real conversation not in front of the whole frakkin' town.

Also, while I didn't think the Logan proposal was bad or Rory saying no was bad; I did not like the way they walked away from each other. I mean, no goodbye kiss? Really? That made me smad.

Only one more episode left.

2 comments:

Beth said...

A lot of people were upset that Rory and Logan didn't seem more upset when they broke up, but look at it this way: Logan is a selfish ass. He gave her an ultimatum. When she said no, he was hurt/mad at her. When he acted mad at her, Rory was hurt/annoyed that he was acting that way, not necessarily sad. (BTW, my mom would call what Logan did "cutting off your nose to spite your face.") I completely understand them walking away with no tears at this point. Tears come later. If the series extended, I could see them having a final conversation with actual tears. But, since everything must be wrapped up, I don't mind seeing his jerky little ass walking away with no fuss and no muss.

But then again, I have never liked Logan and have always wanted to smack that smug smile off his face.

Jalehlabad said...

I didn't expect tears. I am sure the tears came later for both of them. I just expected a final kiss or something. I mean, he's the only guy she's slept other than Dean.