Monday, July 24, 2006

Good Night And, Good Luck: Lived up to the hype

Often times I am the last person to see the latest hit film. It was, I think, the last person on earth to see Titanic. I still want those three hours of my life back. More recently, this was the case with Brokeback Mountain. I know I am supposed to be obsessed with that movie and, don't get me wrong, it was good. But it was basically a love story. A love story involving two hot gay men but a love story none-the-less.

Last night, I watched Good Night and Good Luck. Whatever your political leanings are; I think it's safe to say that this movie makes you think. I loved the usage of black and white film and the music, sung by Dianne Reeves, was fabulous.

I was a little scared to watch this movie. It had so much hype that I thought it wouldn't deliver. I was wrong. If you haven't seen this movie, do yourself a favor and go rent it tonight.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Agreed--it was a very good movie.

Unknown said...

I loved it too. Did you know George Clooney's aunt was jazz singer Rosemary Clooney? I think part of the reasoning behind the soundtrack was to pay tribute to her.

Jalehlabad said...

Of course I knew that Rosemary Clooney was George's aunt? What sort of pop culture junkie would I be if I didn't know that? Tribute or not, the music was terrific. Way to go, George.