Monday, July 31, 2006

Signs

Dear Readers,

Do you believe in signs? Do you believe in fate? Or do you think that it all just happens the way it's supposed to and that signs and fate are crap?

I can honestly say I am on the fence about signs and fate. Do I think some things are destined to happen? Maybe. But I do think that sometimes the universe tells us things that reinforce decisions we make.

For example, this weekend I packed up my office. I put all my books in boxes. Wrapped picture frames with tissue paper. I cleaned out my desk drawers. This is when I noticed something remarkable. I don't know it any of you remember a post I wrote on my old site about a ring that I lost. Why would you? This ring meant nothing to you but it means a great deal to me. This ring was a gift from my deceased aunt who was like a second mother to me. When I lost the ring I cried for a day. I remember crying while writing that blog post. I was angry at myself for losing such an important item. But alas, the universe is on my side after all. I found my ring in the bottom of my desk drawer. It must have been there for almost two years. I was so happy when I found the ring. It was like the ring was waiting for me to move again. A sign that I am making the best choice for myself. It completely made my weekend.

I am wearing my ring now. I don't plan on taking it off anytime soon, excepting for washing dishes and taking showers.

So, how was your weekend?

Love,

Jalehlabad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found a necklace today that has been missing for months!! Always such a happy surprise when things turn up!