Thursday, July 06, 2006

X-Men The Last stand: Only slightly crappy

I went to see X3 on July 4th. It was worse than I hoped it would be but it wasn't nearly as horrible as The Davinci Code. I have to say, I know that the X-Men movies are supposed to be action packed, etc. but would a little character development have killed you, Ratner? I mean, why do I even care that Rogue and Bobby seem to be having issues? You give me zero context. Also, the whole film was just flimsy. I barely cared about the forced cure. Also, you cured Magneto. I mean, that is just lame. Yes, you left it open ended; there could be an X-Men 4 but unless you make it a little more about the characters, I won't be watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought the movie was the worst of the three. I though the romance problems seems like a half-assed way at trying to convey how strongly mutants might desire a "cure," but the effect was lost. And does Phoenix do anything besides stand their and have her hair blow in the wind with backlighting?

-Mike