Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Irreverant t-shirts: I love 'em

I don't know how many of you read Preshrunk but I like to peruse that site every once in a while to find cool t-shirts. Preshrunk turned me on to Threadless.

I have sort of become addicted to Threadless. I am on their mailing list so I know when they have sales, etc. This is good and bad. It's good because Threadless t-shirts are really high quality and well made. Also, they have funny shirts and arty shirts. It's bad because I could easily drop half a pay check on t-shirts some months. Like this new shirt, for example. Or this old fave, The Communist Party, which always seems to be sold out of my size everytime I can afford it (I found the link! Woot!). With my new Pirate obsession, I have been debating whether or not to buy this shirt. Anyway, I love it when they have their $10 sales.

In many respects, I am not sure I should be telling you all about Threadless since I have been looking there more and more often for gifts for loved ones. It's where I found Squater's prezzie last Christmas.

At any rate, since Glarkware denied us Everwoodians a Now or Never shirt, I am a little sad and I need some other t-shirt to fill the hole that I was prepared to fill with an Everwood tee. So, which shirt should I get? One of the items listed or is there some other Threadless tee that screams Jalehlabad to you?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I have had major t-shirt trauma lately. I've been lusting after threadless shirts since you turned me onto them. So I finally just ordered some. They're great. Unfortunately, the UPS people can't leave my packages outside, so I can't get them. Bill informed me about a week too late that I could have them sent to him at work. Anyway, I don't think I can get the shirts. So I went to Urban Outfitters today even though I know they stupid t-shirts that say "Don't Vote!" etc., but i was desperate for some cool shirts. So I picked two out and then after I went to check out, i realized I didn't have my wallet so I couldn't get those shirts either!

I am obviously being punished for something.

Jalehlabad said...

Someone must be punishing you. That is sad about not being able to get the shirts delivered to you. Boo! Well, now that you have the Bill option I am hoping you will have some better luck.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I didn't know about Threadless, and I have a serious t-shirt addiction.

I'm coveting the worm food shirt!

B-Cat

GMYH said...

Jaleh,
I too have a t-shirt addiction, and I too have been lusting after the Communist Party t-shirt for some time (I think your blog may be the place where I originally heard of it). I ordered it once when they said it was in stock, but it was not, so they gave me a credit, with which I bought F*ck It, which I had to return because it was exceptionally small, for which I got a couple more dollars added onto my credit, with which I got Stabby McKnife, a shirt that I enjoy much more than Jessie does. I don't allow myself to go onto Threadless's website more than once a month because I fear how much money I will spend.