Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Drinking, Smoking, and Screwing: A Review


I just finished the book Drinking, Smoking, and Screwing: Great Writers on Good Times. This book is a collection of poems, short stories, and book chapters that deal with, well, drinking, smoking, and screwing.

I liked this because it was easy to read at lunch. Sometimes when I am reading a book at lunch it's hard to find the right cut off point if a chapter is particularly long. Not so with a book like this one.

I also got to read the work of some people I have never read before like Charlie Bukowski and James Thurber. The book also reminded me why I like Dorothy Parker.


Books Read in 2007:

Drinking, Smoking, and Screwing: Great Writers on Good Times ~ edited by Sara Nikles
Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood ~ Ann Brashares

No comments: