Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jake 2.0

I've liked Chris Gorham since I saw him in the awesome and campy show Popular. When he showed up on Ugly Betty as the super cute Henry I squeed along with all of the other fan girls. But then I went a step further. I made a Chris Gorham wish list on my tivo and set it to record all things Chris Gorham. See, this is why I love tivo!

Anyhoodle, tivo picked up reruns of Gorham's now cancelled show Jake 2.0 on the SciFi channel. The show is kind of like Alias only with a cute boy instead of Sydney. Also, Matt Czuchry (aka Logan on Gilmore Girls) stars as Jake's best pal in the pilot. Who knew? Not me.

Jake 2.0 is pretty fun so far. The premise is that Jake, a computer tech, gets caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. He becomes infected with nanites that turn him into this super soldier/agent guy. There is of course the requisite long time unrequited love Jake has for Sarah (a pal from college); the cute but dorky scientist who oversees Jake's metamorphosis and harbors a secret crush on Jake; Jake's hard nosed partner with a past and probably a heart of gold; and the uptight head of the department.

SciFi is running the entire series over the next couple of Friday nights. You will have missed the first three episodes but it's not hard to pick up the plot. And if it is you can always read the TWoP recaps linked above. I feel like this is one of those good/bad things. I am sad to see that Jake 2.0 is no more but then if it hadn't been cancelled, who would be playing Henry? I don't want to even think about that.

No comments: