Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random snarks

So, a few things that I want to complain/bitch/kvetch about....

1) Why does BBCAmerica always run that turn on your closed captioning because we are British and talk funny commercial before every show? It really annoys me and makes me think that Brits must think Americans are frakkin' retarded that we can't understand the words coming outta their mouths. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does. Or rather, I do know why it bothers me; some idiots must have complained that they couldn't understand the speech on BBCA or even worse, they (the Brits) think the commercial is cute. I watch several shows on BBCA and every time I see the various iterations of that commercial I get mad and grit my teeth.

2) Hunter Ellis is not a good enough replacement for Josh Bernstein on Digging for the Truth. Is it because I think Josh is way cuter than Hunter? Maybe. But really, it's more that Josh seemed to get so much more geeked up about digging for the truth than I have seen Hunter get. Well, with the exception of the recreation of blowing up stuff on the Huntley episode. But then, most people get geeked up about blowing stuff up. [insert Beavis and Butthead voice here] Fire! Fire! [/Beavis and Butthead voice] I am still going to watch DFTT mostly because I think the show itself is so awesome and I always learn something cool but I really miss Josh.

3) Why do none of the shows I love have their theme music available as ringtones? Is it really that hard to fathom that fans might want this? I can't imagine that it would that hard to create ringtones. I am looking at you The Office, How I Met Your Mother, and Robot Chicken. I would gladly pony up the $2.99 a piece for these ringtones if only someone would make them.

2 comments:

Beth said...

HA! You are going to hate this, but I actually think that BBCA commercial is funny! I think it is meant to be funny, not condescending (sp?). :) Heh.

-Your Friend B-Mart in Australia

Jalehlabad said...

Well, to each their own, B-Mart but those really grate for me.