Friday, September 21, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 52

238. Fight for Your Mind ~ Ben Harper (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): I love this disc. It's really where I think Ben hit his stride. It starts off solid with "Oppression" and continues to blow my mind with just about every song. If I had to choose my favorites I would essentially be listing 75% of the songs on the disc. The ones that aren't my faves are still good. If you have want to get into Ben this is the cd I suggest starting with. I will say that when I saw him play "Ground On Down" and "Fight For Your Mind" back in 2000 at Mississippi Nights it was truly a musically mind blowing experience. I do love me some Ben Harper.

239. Will to Live ~ Ben Harper (last listen: 1-3 years): Favorite songs: Faded, Homeless Child

240. Burn to Shine ~ Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals (last listen: 1-3 years): This cd was entrance into the world of Ben Harper. I remember it distinctly. I was in Chicago visiting Angie and Scott and we were listening to XRT and the song "Burn to Shine" was in heavy rotation. Every time it came on I asked who is this? Because they never said and then finally they did. I literally drove home and then bought the cd the next day. By the end of the week I owned three Ben Harper cds. Then I convinced Angie she needed to listen to Ben Harper too. I love it when I am right, which I so often am.

Favorite songs: Burn to Shine, Steal My Kisses, Show Me A Little Shame, Beloved One

No comments: