Friday, September 07, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 47

220. The Celtic Minstrel ~ James Galloway (last listen: never) I don't remember ever buying this cd. I know that I've never listened to it before today. I wish I could say that I had never listened to it at all. It's not terrible or even overly Celtic; I think I would have appreciated some of the Celtish stuff hitting me over the head instead of this vaguely Enyaesque flute music.

221. Garden State Soundtrack ~ Various Artists (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): Easily one of the best movie soundtracks of the past decade. I remember seeing this movie in Loo-a-vull and hearing the Iron and Wine cover of Such Great Heights thinking to myself, "hey, I know that song only in a faster version." I ordered the soundtrack the next day and have never regretted it. Zach Braff did an amazing job of finding the perfect music to match the mood and tone of his film. Just one more reason to harbor that crush.

222. Anthology ~ Marvin Gaye (last listen: 3-5 years): It's Marvin Gaye; do I need to say anything else?

Sorry that posts have been so light. I have been trying to balance too many things at one and this blog is the most logical and easiest thing for me to walk away from. I am going to try to step up the music listening or else I will still be doing this a to z thing next year too.

On the television front, GMYH will be pleased to know that I have started watching The O.C. on Soapnet. So far, it's pretty rad. I'll admit prior to watching the show I never really got the whole Mischa Barton is so special thing. And to be honest, her acting isn't great but she does have this whole "I have a wounded soul, please take care of me" quality about her. Now, if only I could meet my own version of Seth Cohen. Life would be so sweet if that happened.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I hate Mischa Barton. If anything, the OC made me hate her even more. She is TERRIBLE. For me it's like nails scraping a chalkboard to watch her act.

And that's how I feel about that. ;) You know you can always count on me for strong opinions.

Jalehlabad said...

I agree that she is a terrible actress. I probably should have said her character has this "take care of me" quality to her. Mischa, yeah, not so much in the way of good acting. I am really loving Anna and I know she leaves soon so that makes me sad. I know that Summer and Seth get together but I think Anna is so freakin cool. I am just excited to see what happens next and I am glad that I am blissfully ignorant of most of the goings on on The O.C. It makes th reruns so much more exciting.

Anonymous said...

Even if she does pronounce words unlike the rest of the English-speaking world, please don't speak ill of the dead. Rest in peace, Marissa.