Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 46

216. I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You ~ Aretha Franklin (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): Man, Aretha freaking rules. Plus, you know a disc is going to rule when it kicks off with Respect. You can hear why people want to emulate her sound. Her voice really can reach inside you and make you feel. A true classic.

217. Details ~ Frou Frou (last listen: 1-3 years): I listened to this disc quite a bit after I discovered these cats via the Garden State soundtrack.

218. Steady Diet of Nothing ~ Fugazi (last listen: never): This is a recent addition to the collection via Squater.

219. The Score ~ Fugees (last listen: 1-3 years): I have to admit that the first time I head the Fugees cover of Killing Me Softly I was impressed. Lauren Hill's voice was amazing. But I wasn't really into rap at the time, I was a lot more into Tool and Bjork and for some reason I didn't think rap could fit in with that crowd. I was wrong. I even remember seeing The Fugees live at Riverport and not really being into it at all. I think I was letting my rap hating friends influence me too much. Now, I wish I had paid better attention since it's clear this group will never be again due to the fact that Hill has gone a bit nutty. Sigh. Hindsight is always 20/20.

No comments: