Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I am Aaron Sorkin's bitch

Last night I caught the pilot of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I am hooked. I knew it was going to happen.

Aaron Sorkin just writes so well. I already care about a few of the characters. Bradly Whitford and Matthew Perry have great chemistry as best friends and as a writing team. I have always liked Sarah Paulson and I think she's good but I could see Emma Caufield in that role really doing a great job. Steven Weber plays a great bad guy.

ETA: Plus, Lauren Graham is going to have a two episode guest appearance this season. As herself! I am so glad she is pals with Matthew Perry.

Anyway, it's a great mixture of poking fun at politics and Hollywood. Two things which I enjoy very much. If you missed the pilot, you can get it from Netflix and then catch the new episode next Monday.

In other news, if you hadn't noticed, I changed the blog layout. I just wanted a change. I am not sure how long I am keeping this one but it's here for now.

I am continuing my foray into Angel season four and have been truly grossed out by the Connor/Cordy hookup. I am kind of glad I have a few days until the next dvd comes. Not sure I can handle more of the ick factor. I have also finished the first half of the Forsyte saga. I am now looking forward to the divorce of Soames and Irene. I know he did a horrible thing that is really unforgivable but I cannot stay mad at Soames. I really feel sorry for him and I pretty much loathe Irene. I am interested to see how this ends.

On the home front, I have a very sick kitty. I know most of you have no love for Zaria and she really has no love for you. But I love her and I am her person so she loves me. Right now my cat is at the vet awaiting x-rays, urine sampling, and possible surgery. All because of a urinary tract infection. It hasn't been fun giving her medicine twice a day for two weeks and it's been even less fun finding bloody urine on the bathroom floor multiple times a day. But really, I just want her better. Because I can't imagine it's been all that fun for Zaria either. If you've ever had a urinary tract infection, I think you can sympathize with my cat. All I am hoping for is no surgery because surgery = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And to think, just a few days ago I was mocking those who had insurance on their pets.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I also liked Studio 60.

Word on the Cordy/Connor vomitous feelings. I wish I could have warned you. That whole season pisses the beejezus out of me.

Even though Zaria would probably rip my throat out if I got too close, I wish her well. Please pass on my get-well-soon wishes.

Roll The Dice said...

I, too, am Aaron Sorkin's bitch. I loved it! SportsNight, West Wing, now Studio 60. I heart this man.

Oh yeah, that season of Angel was NOT my cup of tea. I was ill at the thought of Cordy and Connor myself...

Anonymous said...

You're not going to believe this but TIVO did not get Studio for us. I am so very sad. I hope they replay it...otherwise I will just have to go into the second show blind.

Sorry to hear about Zaria. I hope you get good news. dodgem

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Zaria. Hope she's doing better without ruining you financially. She's still a pretty young cat, right? And if she fights off illness with the same zeal she directs at humans besides you, she'll have it licked in no time.

I actually just tried to find Studio 60 on Netflix and I got nothin'. Is it that you could only get the episode before the series premiere.

Yeh, Angel takes a definite downturn at that point. You can see why I'm in no hurry to re-watch that season.

Jalehlabad said...

Woot! I got a comment from Molly Dodge. I feel special. The other anonymous person is welcome too. Especially since you share my feelings on Angel.