Friday, September 15, 2006

It's Friday but I am not in love

This morning I woke up fairly scared. I had this horrible dream about some dear friends of mine dying and then they left me their child to raise. Not that I don't love kids but the dream really freaked me out. So, if you get a call from me later on today to make sure you are all right then you know my death dream was about YOU. Also, you might need to have a kid so that sort of excludes about 99% of my readership.

As I was showering this morning, to get my mind off my terrible dream, I started to compile a list of the things I don't miss about living in Indiana. Since I am sure you are just dying to know what that list is I am going to take the liberty of typing them out for you.

1. Slugs in my apartment. Since moving to a second floor pad and not living in such close proximity to a river I had been able to rid my home of slugs.

2. I only have to drive for 5 minutes to get to Target. I could walk it in about 15 minutes. Now, I know Beth (who lives in Indiana) has me beat on this one but I don't care.

3. Cecil Whitaker's Pizza. It's fucking good pizza.

4. My old hairdresser. I found her. Daniele is going to work her magic on my hair on Saturday. Needless to say, I am stoked.

About this time my cat tried to jump into the shower to say hello and my list went away. I am sure I could add more but I really don't feel like it. Now, this is not to say that they aren't things I miss about Indiana because there are some of those as well. For example, I forgot how noisy people are. My river town place was so quiet and private. It is very different from my place here. Also, knowing a barista at the local coffee shop was nice. I miss free iced teas and chatting when I should have been doing other things. Most importantly, I miss WNSC. Wednesday night social club was just awesome. It was a great group of folks who knew how to drink and have a good laugh, even when they contemplated kicking me out for watching Alias. I am missing that here. I mean, drinking alone on a Wednesday night seems kind of pathetic. Not that this has ever stopped me before.

One final note...I have been listening to some Buffy podcasts on itunes. This guy Revello does a decent job talking about Buffyverse. I don't always agree with him but it's nice to get another perspective. One thing that really stuck out to me is that he commented on all these people who liked Willow and Kennedy as a couple. All I have to say is who are these people? And do they have any common sense? Do you, my fair readers, know anyone who likes Kennedy? Because if so, please put them in contact with me so I can ask them how such a thing is possible.

6 comments:

Beth said...

My opinion on the matter is that anyone who liked Willow and Kennedy must not be a true Buffy fan. They probably just tuned in to see some girl-on-girl action b/c Kennedy was prettier than Tara. Grrrr.

Also, I must express my distress that people wanted to kick you out of WNSC for watching Alias!!!! I could *almost* understand the mocking for watching Gilmore Girls, or, dare I say it, Buffy. But Alias?!!! That was a badass show. (not that Buff and GG aren't, I'm just saying from an outside perspective...)

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the drinking alone bit.: it sucks. I did a lot of that when I first moved to Chic. for lack of better things to do/other folks to hang with, but after what seemed like a long time, I finally know a couple of folks. Good luck in the new city; it sounds great.

--bill

Beth said...

What's with the new look for the blog?

Jalehlabad said...

Robyn-you are right. I did overstate. But it did cost me my inner circle status. Which I am sorry to say was just stupid.

B-Mart--I was having problems loading the other page. Plus, I thought it might be time for a change. You know something like new life, new blogskin.

Beth said...

But...the other one was so pretty...:(

Anonymous said...

OK, as one of the WNSC inner circle, here's the real shit on the Alias incident. When a tv aficionado such as yourself spends good money on (the best thing ever) Tivo, you let Tivo do his job and watch Alias LATER. You can't Tivo your friends or your beer. Nobody would give you shit about watching Alias, it was about leaving a party to watch it when you just as easily watch it later that night. With Tivo, you can have it all Jalehlabad!!!

I have no problem with drinking alone. When you're drinking alone, everyone in the room thinks you're hilarious, brilliant, and desirable.