Monday, September 11, 2006

I want to know what love is; I want YOU to show me.


This weekend I was lucky enough to have the plesure of going to see the rockin' duo of Foreigner and Styx. There is just about nothing better than a nice psuedo-Fall evening outside with a warming, over-priced Bud Lite in your hand; surrounded by dirt rockers and listening to Classic Rock. Seriously.

Although I went mostly for the mocking that I knew would happen (plus the free ticket), it was a great night. My pal Selena and I made fun of several dirt rockers. We were sickened by the couple on the blanket next to us, and were rocked by Foreigner. Styx left much to be desired as they did not play Mr. Roboto. Bastards. I was kind of shocked at how many Foreigner songs I knew as I couldn't name a single tune they sang before heading to the concert, mostly because the songs of theirs I knew I had attributed to other bands. What can I say? If you weren't Poison or Def Leppard I didn't pay too much attention to you. Unless you were Color Me Badd or Too Live Crew or Garth Brooks. Yes, I had ecclectic tastes even as a child.

One of the coolest parts of the evening was running into a pal I hadn't seen in years. I saw my old Political Science sparring buddy, Joe. That was good times. Who knew that Sytx and Foreigner could bring people together like that?

No comments: