Wednesday, September 27, 2006

They're baaaaaack

Well, the all at once dreaded and anticipated Gilmore Girls season premiere has come and gone. Beth has a decent assessment of last night's episode on her blog. I am willing to agree with her on most points. Honestly, I know a lot of people in Stars Hollow world were concerned about life without the Palladinos but I think it's safe to say I wasn't one of them. So far David Rosenthal has got me. Like Beth, it seemed like a toned down version of GG. Which, when compared with the stupidity that was last season, is fine by me.

I loved that the girls played some racquetball. Although, they proved my rule of always wear goggles. I loved that Logan is clearly over the moon yet playing it safe with Rory. It gave me a chuckle to see Rory not holding all the cards in the relationship. I loved that Lorelai blew Christopher off, although previews tell me that won't last for long. I loved the parallels between the Luke/Lorelai fight and the ruination of the diner.

I think we are in for a different season, probably the last season. But in this case, I don't think change is bad. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that Luke and Lorelai go their separate ways and then find their way back to each. Until then, I am along for the ride.

No comments: