Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Since B-Mart is taking the time to rant over on her blog, I thought I might do the same here on Jalehlabad. My rant has to do with neighbors. Specifically my neighbors.

I used to have one of the best neighbors ever. His name is Mark. He was NEVER home; seriously, he maybe spent two nights a week in his apartment, maybe. In fact, I didn't actually meet him until about two weeks before he moved out. I loved that he was never home. I think he had a girlfriend and that they stayed at her place a lot because occasionally he would come in with a girl but they never stayed all that long. Anyway, a few weeks ago Mark moved out because he bought a house. Way to go, Mark.

However, now, I have a new neighbor. Technically, I haven't met this person yet. I know it's a woman but I haven't actually spoken to her. It's probably best that I don't speak to her until I am more calm because this chick is really starting to grate.

Issue #1: She leaves the back stairwell light on 24/7. My back door has a window in it that has a screen. However, it still lets in light all night long like some super large night light. And it's frakkin' with my sleep.

Issue #2: While we are on the back stairwell, she lets people come in and out of the back stairwell all the time. Here's my problem with this. One, the back door has an automatic lock on it, meaning if you ain't got a key and the door closes you are s.o.l. I like this feature because it keeps out the people who walk around in my back alley. Second, I am not used to people using the back stairwell and when her two friends were standing back there the other day, well, they scared the shit out of me. I don't like to be startled.

Issue #3: This mother frakker is loud. I mean really loud. I can hear her freaking snoring. It kept me up last night. I don't feel like I should have to hear a person snore if a) I am not related to said person; b) if I am not actually sleeping with said person; or c) if I have no relationship at all with said person.

Issue #4: The partying. Last weekend this bitch had so many people over. I am sure she kept up everyone in my building. Luckily for her I was having an ulcer attack and couldn't really sleep anyway or else I would have called the frakkin' police. These assholes were running up and down the front and back stairwells until 4am. Yes, you read that correctly. Not only that but they decided to yell to each other from the balcony into the yard.

It's just rude. Look, I am sure I am loud sometimes. I am sure the people below me think, bitch lose some weight and stop tromping around your apartment. I am sure they hear me laugh and they hear my tv. I know I hear them. But I am not rude about it; in fact, I've even apologized for being loud on several occasions. And, I don't act like a jackass until 4am.

But, if this shit happens again this weekend. I am going to go introduce myself and maybe the police. People don't tend to like you when you bring the police along to bust up their party but that's chance I am willing to take. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. One summer I lived in Mt. Vernon, Illinois (note: you should never live in Mt. Vernon, Illinois). I had a ground-level studio apartment. On the other side of the wall near my bed was a TV that was on (and loud) all night, every night. The guy or girl who lived there must have been working the graveyard shift because my incessant pounding on the wall and knocks on the door did nothing. There was not a single night during the entire summer that I got 8 hours of sleep while sleeping there. That might also have something to do with the fact that I was taking a "dietary supplement" with ephedra, but I should note that I got 8+ hours of sleep on the weekends and that I did not spend a single weekend in Mt. Vernon.

The moral of the story is: Firebomb that bitch.

Jalehlabad said...

Andrew, I know ALL about Mt. Vernon, IL. I am so sorry you ever had to live there. It's always been my family pit stop on our way to Evansville to visit my aunt. I can't imagine actually having to live there. Although, you could spend whole hours at that outlet mall they have.

Beth said...

Ah, yes. The irritating neighbor rant. I have also done one of those.