Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Can't get no satisfaction

So, last night I saw the Cardinals lose for the third time in eight days. Honestly, after I waded through a downpour the least they could have done was freaking play well and not get spanked. Although, I suppose I can't completely complain as I didn't actually pay for any of the tickets. I am starting to think that I am a jinx to the Cards though. Maybe all that good ball playing got used up by winning the World Series last year. I don't know. All I know is that I will be watching games from home rather than in the stadium for a while. Maybe that will help the Cards win a frakkin' home game. It's pretty sad when you look at the NL Central standings and think, "well, at least the Cubs still suck harder than we do." But honestly, the Cub always suck harder than we do so it's little comfort.

In other news, I watched part of this old Frank Sinatra movie called Some Came Running yesterday. I plan on watching the rest of it tonight. Some Came Running was filmed in my old stomping ground of Madison. I was pretty geeked to see that the view from my old front yard was one of the first scenes of the town in the movie. I may have even squeed a bit.

I don't know what it is about me. I can never seem to be happy with what I have going on right now. I mean, the whole time I was in Madison I wanted to leave and move to a city. Now I am in a city and I miss Madison more than I thought I would. I think I like to get nostalgic about places and I sort of forget all the really bad stuff, like slugs and no Target. I am pretty happy with my slug free existence in the city; I am even happier with the plethora of Targets around me. Sigh. Maybe I don't miss Madison as much as I thought. Although, I did laugh when they drove past the Electric Lady. I spent a few nights stumbling home from that place.

Sorry for the boring post. Haven't had much to write but I thought I should put up something.

Oh, I decided to start reading the HP series early. I've ust about plowed through book one and I am getting ready to read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. There's still time to join me if you want to read along with me.

1 comment:

Beth said...

See my post--I'm listening along with you, only backwards...so perhaps it only half counts.