Monday, October 01, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 53

Nota Bene: These cds were actually listened to over the weekend and on Monday.

241. Live From Mars ~ Ben Harper (last listen: 1-3 years)

242. Diamonds on the Inside ~ Ben Harper (last listen: 1-3 years)

243. Both Sides of the Gun ~ Ben Harper (last listen: 3-6 months)

244. Rid of Me ~ PJ Harvey (last listen: 1-3 years)

245. To Bring You My Love ~ PJ Harvey (last listen: 1-3 years): I remember the day I heard PJ for the first time. It was in Champaign-Urbana (on the Urbana side, I do believe). I was in my old pal Shane's dorm room for a visit. It was a Friday night and we were watching MTV or M2 and getting ready to do bad things in his friend's dorm room (part of which included watching the very odd Jane's Addiction movie, Gift. It kind of freaked me out because Shane's new pals were a level of bad that I was not). The video for "Down by the Water" came on and I was transfixed. Who was this woman and how much do i love her voice? Shane and I went to the store the next day and I bought this disc.

246. Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea ~ PJ Harvey (last listen: 0-3 months)

247. Uh Huh Her ~ PJ Harvey (last listen: 1-3 years): Funnily enough, I bought this cd when I was visiting Shane many years later on a trip to Dallas.

248. Lili ~ Lili Hayden (last listen: 5+ years)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Where are you, Jalehla? I miss you!