Friday, October 26, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 57

265. Masquerade ~ Wyclef Jean (last listen: 3-5 years)

266. The Preacher's Son ~ Wyclef Jean (last listen: never): I think I bought this cd out of habit. Like, well, Wyclef has a new disc I should get that. But I have never listened to it. So far, I really like Party to Damascus, which contains some actual Arabic. Although, all I can really make out is habibi which means darling.

267. Brushfire Fairytales ~ Jack Johnson (last listen: 1-3 years): I still remember the first time I heard Jack Johnson. All I could think it that this disc is something you want to listen to while sun bathing with a beer on the beach just hanging with your pals. I still think that. I know a lot of people like to criticize and say all his songs sound the same. It's a valid critique but I will still listen to all these discs. They are just so relaxing and soothing. Favorite songs: The News, Mudfootball, It's All Understood

268. On and On ~ Jack Johnson (last listen: 1-3 years): Favorite songs: Cookie Jar, Holes to Heaven, Traffic in the Sky

269. In Between Dreams ~ Jack Johnson (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): Favorite songs: Better Together, Banana Pancakes, Do You Remember

No comments: