Monday, October 15, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 55

255. I am Sam Soundtrack ~ Various Artists (last listen: 3-5 years): Got this disc from Bill back in those good ol' IU days. This cd is bassically a bunch of Beatles covers. Which, you know, can go either way. I mean, some are great like Rufus Wainwright, Eddie Vedder, Ben Harper, Sarah McLachlan, and Sheryl Crow. Some, in my opinion, aren't so awesome like The Vines, and whoever Chocolate Genius is. I think it can be tough to try and remake songs from one of history's greatest band and for the most part these are some really fantastic efforts.

256. Our Endless Numbered Days ~ Iron and Wine (last listen: 1-3 years): Another one from Bill. I really love this cd, even if it is a bit on the melancholy side. I think that the guy behind Iron and Wine is very talented and I really like his voice.

257. Woman King ~ Iron and Wine (last listen: 6 months - 1 year): And it's Bill for the hat trick.

258. The Ultimate Collection ~ The Jackson 5 (last listen: 3-5 years)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Is that the one where Fiona Apple re-did "Across the Universe?" I *heart* that song and her remake.

Also, re: Lauyrn Hill (besides the fact that I completely adore Miseducation), I thought you'd find this amusing. This morning I was listening to Kanye West's Graduation for the first time, and these lyrics popped out at me:

"Lauryn Hill say her heart was in Zion, I wish her heart still was in rhymin'."

Heh.

Jalehlabad said...

There was no Fiona Apple on this disc but I bet that would be a good cover.