Thursday, October 18, 2007

A to Z cds: Day 56

259. Janet ~ Janet Jackson (last listen: 5+ years): I was actually kind of excited to listen to this cd because I remembered it being good. And then I relistened to it. I was wrong. How I ever thought this cd was good is really inexplicable. I mean, it's just bad. And long. So long. 25 songs long. I never thought it would end. Although, I do still like the song "That's The Way Love Goes."

260. Off the Wall ~ Michael Jackson (last listen: 1-3 years): Remember when Michael Jackson looked like a normal black man? Remember that? I do. It was when I LOVED him. Back when he still made funky music and didn't scare me with his predilection for little boys. Off the Wall is seriously a great pop album. I still groove to "Don't Stop til You Get Enough", "Rock With You", Workin' Day and Night" and "Burn This Disco Out". Those were the days.

261. Thriller ~ Michael Jackson (last listen: 1-3 years): I remember my sixth birthday vividly. It was at McDonald's and at the time that was like one of the best birthday parties you could. Plus, I got two copies of Michael Jackson's Thriller on vinyl. I wanted to keep both of them because I knew I would play them until they warped. My mom wanted me to return one copy so to thwart her I opened them both and then colored on the inner picture (you know the one where he was holding the little tiger). Man, my mom was pissed at me. Heh. Anyway, this is all to show that at age six I really wanted to be Mrs. Michael Jackson. Who knew that this is when I probably had my nest shot at getting a little one on one time with MJ, if you know what I mean. And yes, I did just gross my self out a little with that last over the line comment. Anyway, I still dig "Wanna Be Startin' Something", "PYT", "Beat It", "Human Nature", and of course, "Thriller".

262. Nothings Shocking ~ Jane's Addiction (last listen: 3-5 years): I never loved Jane's Addiction with the fervor that many of my friends did. Honestly, something about Perry Farrell really freaked me out after I watched Gift and I have never been fully comfortable with him since.

263. The Carnival ~ Wyclef Jean (last listen: 1-3 years): I have major love for this cd. I really like Wyclef and the vibe he brings in his music. He does smart stuff and fun stuff. I wish I could say I have a favorite song but really I can't; I just love all of the songs. But here are some youtube videos if you want to check them out: Gone Til November, Guantanamera, Anything Can Happen

ETA: I realized I was wrong and that "Stayin Alive" is still my favorite song on this disc.

264. The Ecleftic: 2 Sides II a Book ~ Wyclef Jean (last listen: 1-3 years): Okay, this cd is also really good and in some ways better than his first solo album. I absolutely love the ballad 911 which features Mary J. Blige. I think its a really beautiful love song and it gives me chills every time I hear it. I also love the song Diallo. Have you ever been shot 41 times?

No comments: